Thursday, July 5, 2007

Whew......


I finished my piece last night. I have not made a final decision as to whether it will become a page in a book or a part of a wall hanging, so for now, it is stored lovingly in a beautiful box. I am very happy to be finished with this piece so I can begin the July project, which has been floating around in my mind for over a week already. I even saw part of it in a meditation last week and have been so excited to start, but holding myself to completing June first.

I am still struggling with wanting to fix the little imperfections I see, and rethink this bead or that bead, but am holding myself to letting it develop as it is. I keep reminding myself this is such a different project from anything else I have tried, and there is nothing it HAS to be, it just is.

The more I sat and looked at it last night, the more that sunk in. I started to see what this project meant for me, especially in the balance between light and dark that played out with the moon and the sun. Everything always comes down to finding a balance and that has been on my mind so much recently that it shouldn't surprise me to see it in the beads. Duality plays out in so many ways and yet we are always simply where we are. We have this moment and one choice after another. We can choose light or we can choose dark or anywhere in between, yet we are only at one place in between the poles every moment. I find that I bring drama and confusion into my life when I forget that simple idea and start to buy into the illusion that I am good or bad, that I am right or wrong, that something is beautiful or ugly.....forgetting that I just am. I am.

16 comments:

nologic said...

I love how your June page turned out. The fabric is perfect as is the goddess bead. It is a beautiful piece. You are so right about having to leave the page as it is instead of fixing the perceived imperfections.I don't see any imperfections with what you have done.

beadbabe49 said...

Another lovely beginning and again I'm in awe of your personal journey made through the page...awesome.

s said...

Your work is lovely, as is your journal post. I look forward to seeing where you go with your July piece.
Sunni

Lois2037 said...

There is such a wonderful relaxed and balanced feel to your piece. I love seeing the goddess so at ease and floating! And your journal has some very apt information, too. You are so right! If I went and tried to fix every little perceived imperfection I would never, ever finish a piece. I say this after doing some reworking on my page, which didn't seem quite finished... LOL!

mAtilda said...

bellissimo, trilly, complimenti.
in questi giorni imparo tanto.
mi piace l'uso del colore. ho notato che il blu è il colore che ricorre di più e il tema è il mare. o forse mi sbaglio?
ciao, matilda

Magpie Sue said...

I'm in complete agreement with your comments about balance and learning to "let things be." That's a constant challenge for me too.

Nancy K. said...

Lovely. Everyone's pages are turning out so well and I am enjoying reading the journaling too. Nice way to journal.

Robin said...

Trilly, do you realize how profound your thoughts are... the ones you had wile sitting with your June page? This is such a wonderful piece and post... we can all use a little dose of duality understanding!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

June page is awesome!

KV said...

Trilly --

This piece is wonderful. I love the rhythm and soft energy it gives off. And don't you just know that only the artist can see the imperfections? The rest of us just enjoy what you have done.

Kathy V in NM

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank you for being so open and sharing your learning and the process. I am learning so much from reading blog entries such as yours! This is what I need to remember!

Trilly said...

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. Strangely enough I never thought of myself as an artist. More of a dabbler but not even especially creative. It is wonderful to sit back and try and see my creation through others words and impressions. It is quite humbling and heart-warming. It really means so much to me that you have all taken time to leave me a comment. Thank you again so very much.

Trilly said...

Hi Matilda, thanks for your observations. The blue was more to symbolize free flow of spirit and communication than the sea. I have been studying chakras this last year and blue is the color for the throat chakra (the fifth chakra). To me it means speaking your truth, being who you are.

GraceBeading said...

Wow... very inspiring, not just the beaded piece, but the journey getting there. I am awed each and every time I take a jaunt around the web and look at all the wonderful new blogs, beaded pieces and inspiring words - yours is no exception. Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Timaree said...

This page looks soothing and like Matilda, I feel like she is floating in the ocean..but you say it is the flow of spirit instead. It must be a gentle and soft spirit then. It's really pretty.

Judi D said...

Very pretty, I share your thoughts on balance and my peice this month is about just that.