Tuesday, August 7, 2007

July is done.....finally


It has been ages since I have posted. I only finished my July piece on Sunday after having been unable to bead for over 2 weeks. Not only did I find my life in general had a lack of balance and lots of challenges, my physical body reflected it as well. I had vertigo as a result of a sinus infection and my life literally was spinning around me for a couple weeks. Ugh.....that has to be one of the most miserable things I have ever gone through. I couldn't bead, read, drive, barely work, and just felt awful. It did leave me with a lot of time to think and meditate though.

I feel that physical ailments can sometimes reflect our emotional and spiritual states, and this one sure did. I had turned my life upside down and most of my relationships and friendships all at the same time and then lived that out physically. I am finding my physical balance and the spinning I feel is much less while at the same time I am also finding balance within myself as I come to a place of peace about where my life is heading.

I ended up with my July piece being really simple and with little adornment. I let the colors and background stand on their own. I struggled with the idea of a heart because it is a symbol I rarely use cause it always felt so girly to me and I was never a girly girl, yet I look at it now and really like the shape and feel of it. I also am so loving the feeling of have completed another month.

I found fabric for August and am planning on starting it tonite. I know it will be a theme related to an event I am going to at the end of the month. This will be my second year at Burning Man and I can't wait. I feel like a child just before a birthday or holiday. If you have never heard of it, you can check it out here, http://www.burningman.com/. The theme this year is Green Man, and being environmentally conscious and being as green as possible. Guess what color my fabric is LOL!. I am probably one of the tamer participants but I do love being out of touch with everything for over a week, surrounded by art and music and finding myself helping and depending on people, often complete strangers, in such a difficult physical environment, yet one of the most rewarding spiritually.


Have a wonderful week.


Trilly

13 comments:

abeadlady said...

Trilly, that is beautiful. Yes, it's simple, but what can be more simple than fire. Sorry you have been having a bad time and glad it seems to be resolving for you.

Ellen said...

This piece is spectacular Trilly, your shading with the flame is perfect.

I'm pleased to hear you're feeling ok again, I've been there too with the vertigo from sinusitis - I hope that like me, you never have a repeat of that again

Cheryl said...

I love your July piece. The colors are awesome.

I am so jealous of your trip to Burning Man. I'd love to go to that. Post pictures when you get back.....oh...I am sooo jealous!!

KV said...

This turned out so well, Trilly. Glad to see you posting and hope you are well on the way to recovery from everything. Your August piece sounds intriguing . . .


Kathy V in NM

Aurora said...

I like this piece,simple--- yet elegant. I am just getting over a sinus infection--the antibiotics are playing havoc with my stomach! so now that is bothering me argh...enjoy Burning Man--I want to go to it some day...

pam T said...

Beautiful!
and.... attitudes, feelings, moods definitely have to do with the physical ailments that plague a person! Have you ever read "Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay? Amazing book. In retrospect after reading this book, I could pinpoint things in my life that led to ailments. Just a little FYI that you didn't ask for! :)

Padparadscha said...

I like this piece, and the fact that you were able to explore a symbol you didn't like as a child. This looks like personal growth to me :)

Also the Burning Man event looks great, and the "green man" theme is so rich ! Look forward to seeing your next page !

Take care

Timaree said...

The simplicity of your piece is very powerful. I don't think more decoration could have made it better. This is perfect. Dizziness is the pits; I end up going to bed since I can't focus on anything, then feel like I'm wasting time. Hope you have a good time at your Burning Man thing.

Quilt Architect said...

I have really enjoyed the transformation of this art work and your life as it has unfolded together. Isn't it amazing how many metaphors for what we are experiencing in our life it all around us if we are willing to stop and look at them and interpret what they are saying to us.
Beautiful art work. The heart is not cheeky but very powerful in this context.

Lillian said...

I love the simplicity of your piece Trilly :o) Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy "Burning Man",

Lillian in WA

Judi D said...

what a fantastic piece, hope you get to feeling better.

s said...

That is great Trilly,
Love your shading .
How wonderful to get to be there for the Burning Man.
Sunni

Trilly said...

Thank you all for your comments. This was the first piece I had ever tried to shade, and of course I look at it and see how I could have improved or done it differently lol. I am feeling much better and only occasional bouts of dizziness YAY!