Friday, June 8, 2007

At the beginning....

I started my project two nights ago and am really enjoying myself so far. In the previous days I had had a number of ideas and thoughts and themes running through my head, but it wasn't until I sat down to begin that I truly knew what my inspiration would be. That hit me as I found a pendant I had been holding onto for awhile and realized it was very symbolic of the challenges of the last few weeks. I struggled a bit in actually deciding to use it for the project, but once I had it attached to my cloth, it just felt right.

This is actually quite challenging in that I am not working from a pattern, nor have an outcome pictured in my mind. I have never worked this way before yet I am enjoying it. The really fun part last night was as I was just putting come curved lines down, I saw a shape emerging and want to follow that out now. I am just loving the freedom of not having to be perfect, of letting my imagination and creativity flow without boundaries or even definition.

My boyfriend is out of town this weekend and another friend I bead with occasionally is alone this weekend as well, and we are planning a day of beads tomorrow and I can't wait. As this will also involve bead swaps (including the game of finding the oddest or strangest bead we have in our collection and requiring a trade and then use of the bead, amid lots of laughter and teasing) and trading of ideas and lots of love and laughter, I am so looking forward to this weekend.

I am planning on posting a progress pic on Sunday, to document this journey in pictures as well as words. I can't wait to see where I head next :)

Trilly

3 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

hi...love to hear about your process and will be looking forward to seeing a photo when you're ready!

Timaree said...

Sounds like you are having fun already. I am too. I think most of us are; is anyone not?!

Snowrose said...

You're going to have the absolute best work of your life with this piece! I read what you posted over at BJ and one thing I want to tell you, don't be a bit nervous! You did exactly as many beaders wish they had... do whatever comes to mind/heart and if it feels right, just go for it. Such things are meant to be and end up being the best works of art ever done! Can't wait to see the progress of your work! I completely forgot about this project! I'm so glad Kiwi Ellen reminded me about this. So I'm going to get going on this, this week! What size is your journal going to be? I think I'm going to stick with a simple 4" X 6" because of many other projects going on other than just this project.
Please do post your progress as you go along!