Monday, October 15, 2007

Rakkasah East

I just had the most fabulous weekend at the bellydance festival. I spent the better part of the last three days saturating myself in music and dance and it feels like my feet haven't quite hit the ground yet. I volunteered at the festival as well as sat in the audience and watched some of the most incredible performances and I can not stop grinning yet. It was so awesome meeting some of the dancers I had only seen before on dvd's or read about in magazines and listening to the live music that moved me so much I could not sit still. I also worked with some incredible people and had so much fun. I can't wait for next year now lol.

I managed to restrain myself from purchasing too much, but I couldn't leave without picking up a sword to start practicing. I have only been dancing for 3 years, but I love it. One of my instructors pulled me on-stage during one of the open dances and that was the first time I had danced in front of any audience. And even though we were on-stage with a half dozen others, I was terrified lol. I had no idea I would be that nervous, but I was. I did fine once I got started, but wow, I wanted to bolt. I have so much respect for everyone that gets on-stage and performs. I think one of my BJP months is going to center around the dancing....I can feel it coming :)

Trilly

No comments: