Monday, March 31, 2008

More Silliness

Wow, it has been awhile since I have had time to get on my blog. In some ways it is wonderful because my life has been busy, yet so fun and challenging. On the creative end, I have been venturing into PMC and polymer clay and have had so much fun playing with it all. Combining it with Mike's glass work was the fun project this weekend in addition to working on a chain mail bra/halter top that I am making.

In other happenings, I was invited to join a student dance troupe and I am so excited. I have my first tribal belly dance performance at the end of April and practicing for that is also taking a lot of time. One really cool thing that just occurred to me this weekend is that I can combine my love of beads and metal jewelry with my love of dancing, in terms of costumes. I just made some hair falls that included a bunch of different red yarns that I have been beading and braiding. And then I am tying that in with my BJP. I do not exactly know how it will look yet, but my April piece is going to attempt to express the love and freedom of belly dance.

Now for the silliness....Arline tagged me to reveal 7 random things about myself on my blog. Then I can tag 5 others to do the same. So here are my 7:
1. My favorite food is cheese....all cheese. I love cheese :)
2. I love Porsches and used to race them on Autocross courses and weekends at road courses around the eastern part of the country.
3. Books are a passion of mine and I always carry one with me and generally am in the middle of reading a couple at a time. I also prefer to watch tv while reading a book.
4. I dislike donuts.
5. I collect elephant and gargoyle pieces, but I prefer to find and adopt pieces that have something broken or imperfect, as they need love too.
6. I can't stand grocery shopping, but I love cooking.
7. My favorite ride at Epcot is Mission: Space.

Well that's all I have time for this morning. I have to get some more pics posted of my next couple months BJP pieces and will try to get that done this week. Bye for now.

Trilly

No comments: